HI!
Since it was my half way mark (almost), the mission has a tradition of taking those missionaries to the temple at their halfway mark. So this week I got to go to the Denver Temple. I sure needed the recharge. It is amazing to see how real Satan is and how all this crazy stuff happened this week before I went.
The first one was with our investigator, Joann. She had her baptismal interview on Monday and we thought we were in the home stretch with her. But as the district leader was filling out her baptismal record he finds out that she isn't married to her "husband". Crash and burn! We had to tell her that she needed to get married before she could get baptized. She was so heartbroken because she wanted soooo bad. She went home that night crying but the wonderful thing is that she turned to the Book of Mormon and the conference talks we had given her for her support. She is now working with her "husband" for a marriage date. Her husband speaks spanish so we are having some spanish elders come up and teach him because he told us he would be interested in learning. He even came to church with Joann on Sunday. But Joann has such amazing strength. She keeps praying for her husband, and that he will want to get married, since they've been together for 15 years. She has great faith in the Lord that he will provide a way for her to get baptized. We keep praying for her and her husband that he will do it.
As for the temple, I felt like I have a new battery to get me through the rest of the mission. In the temple I resolved to work harder, be bolder and to give it my all so that I could come home on a stretcher. I love the feeling in the temple and the peace and calm that comes from it. I love how close one can feel to the Savior and to Heavenly Father in the Celestial room. It is a wonderful blessing that he has given to us that I don't take full advantage of. I was reminded of how, as missionaries, we are working to get these people, not only into the waters of baptism, but to receive the wonderful blessings of the temple.
Remember who you are!
Love Sister Sumsion
Monday, March 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
[Tell the missionary] that got called to Mongolia not to get his hopes up. The government is cracking down on foreign people and getting tight with visas and it looks like missionaries who are serving now might have to finish up in the states. the government has been good to the Church and loves us for all the good we do and have given us a lot of breaks... but they are getting tight on visas since things with Mongolian mineral companies are getting really hot. In the next 10 years Mongolia is predicted to be a boom country.... If you think about it it should have happened a lot sooner than now. There are 3 million people in this country which is full of coal and diamonds and gold. They are finally starting to figure out how to manage their resources and to keep other countries (especially China) from coming in here and taking over. They are getting really tight on visa laws and laws that allow foreign people to live here.... It is good news for the future of Mongolia but is looking like sad news for the future of American missionaries.... But my soul is at peace since no matter what the work will not stop.... The church is established here and there are enough Mongolians here willing to serve that the mission will continue even if it is only an all-Mongolian mission.... Interesting right?
Post a Comment